To deploy an app to the Windows Application Store you must first setup a Windows Store Developer Account which will allow the development, testing and distribution of your app.
Click the image below to get started
To help you with the various information required and to distinguish between options during sign up, the most useful questions have been answered below:
Before you begin
There is a one time $99 registration fee charged for a Windows Developer account. This fee is charged to encourage higher quality products on the Windows Store and covers additional steps to ensure that you are authorized to represent your company and set up the account.
Be sure to select Company when signing up for a developer account. This ensures you receive the whole host of abilities, as outlined below:
Registering as a Developer
Go to the registration page and click Join Now.
If you're not already signed in with your Microsoft account, do so now. If you don't have a Microsoft account, you can sign up for one from this page.Note Make sure to use the Microsoft account that you want to use for your developer account. You won't be able to change this later.
- Select your developer account type (individual or company). You cannot change this later, so be sure to choose the right type of account. Whichever type of account you choose, you'll be able to submit apps to both the Windows Store and Windows Phone Store.
- Enter the contact info you want to use for your developer account.
Note We'll only use this to contact you about account-related matters. For example, you'll receive an email confirmation message after you complete your registration. After that, we'll send messages when we pay you, or if you need to fix something with your account.
If you are registering as a company, you'll also need to enter the name, email address, and phone number of the person who will approve your company's account.
- Fill out the info in the form. Note the following items in particular:
- For the website, enter the URL for the website that you want to associate with your developer account. Customers won't see what you enter in this field.
For the publisher display name, enter the name under which your apps should be listed in the Windows Store and Windows Phone Store. Pick this carefully, as customers will see this name when browsing and will come to know your apps by this name.Note If someone else has trademarked or copyrighted the name you picked, your account could be closed. See your App Developer Agreement for more info.
- Accept the terms and conditions of the App Developer Agreement.
Enter your payment info to pay for your account via credit card or PayPal, or provide a token if you have one. (See Account types, locations, and fees to find pricing information.)
Review your order, then click Purchase to confirm your account registration and charge applicable fees. We'll send a confirmation message to your developer email address.