Overall privacy statement
We take User confidentiality and privacy very seriously. Because we gather certain types of information about our Users, we want to help you understand the terms and conditions surrounding the collection and use of that information. This privacy statement discloses the types of information we gather, how we use it, and how to correct or change it.
Our primary goal in collecting information is to provide individuals and organizations with the best and most useful content and services. Several of the services and features that we offer on our sites require individuals or organizations to provide us with information as a condition of usage.
We collect personally identifiable information, such as your name, company name, email addresses, postal addresses, phone numbers, mobile numbers.
We may also collect other sensitive information such as your job title, gender, and username. We may also receive information about individuals and your organization from other sources and add it to the information you have provided. Passwords are not stored directly; we use a hash of the password to maintain security. Our production sites are encrypted and firewalls are designed to give high levels of protection from unauthorized persons or organizations.
'Cookies' store small amounts of data on your computer about your visit to our sites. Cookies are active in some portions, but not all portions, or our site. Cookies by themselves do not tell us anything about individuals. We need to combine them with the personally identifiable information you give us. We then use this information to improve our services. You can choose to prevent us from obtaining cookies by adjusting your settings on your browser, but this will limit your ability to use all aspects of the sites.
We also use technologies, including electronic images - sometimes called transparent GIFs, clear GIFs, or beacons - that allow us to track general user-traffic patterns. We also automatically receive and record information from our servers and from your browser, including your IP address, the time of your visit to pages on our site, and information about pages you visited. Unless you have registered for one of our products or services, the information we gather through the use of tracking technologies cannot be matched with any personally identifiable information about you.
- Keeping count of return visits to our sites;
- Accumulating and reporting anonymous, aggregate (data collected in mass), statistical information on Web-site and advertisement usage;
- Determining which features our overall user population likes best;
- Saving your password so you don't have to re-enter it each time you visit our sites;
- Displaying the most appropriate advertising or content based on your interests.
Use and Sharing of Information; Business Transfers and Aggregate Information
We use the information we gather for 3 general purposes:
- To customize any advertising and the content a User may see; To enhance the User experience in our network of sites we use tracking information to determine how well each page performs overall based on aggregate user demographics and traffic patterns to those pages. This helps us continue to build a better service for you;
- To fulfill your requests for certain products and services, such as sending out electronic newsletters and enabling you to participate in paid services, polls, contests, and message boards;
- To send you information you agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to you.
Personally Identifiable Information
We will only make your personally identifiable information available to other companies or people when:
- You authorize us when you register or at a later date through our website.
- You use sites or services that we offer to you in connection with a partner, who is identified on the site. These are known as 'cobranded services'. By using a cobranded service you grant us permission to pass your registration information back to that partner, whose use is subject to their applicable privacy policies.
- We may hire third-party vendors to provide specialized services, who are only allowed to use the information to do their jobs, and not for their own use.
- You decline a mailing that we send to you on behalf of a third party, in which case we may share your removal instruction so that it may be added to the third party's 'do not contact' list.
- When required by UK or US law to do so where we believe there is sufficient evidence that your actions have violated applicable laws
- When we may be parties to a purchase, sale or merger. This may result in the transfer some or all of your information in order for services to be continued. We aggregate personally identifiable information and disclose such information in a non-personally identifiable manner to advertisers and other third parties for marketing, promotional, and other purposes. We do not disclose to these entities any information that could be used to identify you personally.
User Options; Review/ Update of Personally Identifiable Information
Certain services require full registration. For other services, Users who would rather not provide any of the user data requested by our registration process should contact us at email@example.com. You can still view the websites and the digital publications but you will not be able to use many of the publishing services.
We also give Users the following options:
- Opting not to receive our electronic newsletters or those of third parties when registering or at a later date by following our procedures;
- Opting not to provide certain personal information when registering for a site, provided; again this may limit your use of the sites.
- Our sites provide the procedures by which Users can review, correct, or change the information collected during registration for any of our sites. We encourage Users to keep information current. If you have problems or questions, contact us using the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
See our sites. For material changes we will post a notice and provide a link. Further, if the policies relating to our use of information changes from after it is collected, we will send affected users written notice of the change by e-mail.
Privacy of children
Our website and our Services are intended for adult audiences, and Yudu Ltd does not knowingly collect any personal information from anyone under 13 years of age.