There are a number of factors to consider when approaching a failed upload, however following the steps below will ensure you have the best PDF for upload.
For the best performance and quality when uploading your PDF we recommend conforming to the following file specifications:
- All pages in a single PDF file, with the pages in order
- Single pages (not double page spreads)
- 200 DPI (or greater)
- Cropped to exact art size (no need for cropmarks/bleed etc, as it is not a traditional print process)
- Embedded fonts (not subset, please avoid CID Type H encoded fonts)
- Flattened Transparencies and Smooth Shade elements
You can view the following guides to help you with this process:
- Optimising Your Files / File Specifications
- Crop PDF Pages
- Combine Pages Into Single PDF
- Down sample your PDF (also flatten transparencies)
Does the PDF contain any security settings? If so, ensure these settings have been removed before uploading as they will interfere with the system and prevent the servers from processing the PDF.
Does the PDF contain embedded links? If so, ensure all the links are valid. For example, links that contain spaces, invalid URLs or references may be rejected by the system.
Publication still failing?
Contact the YUDU Free and Plus support team on email@example.com with as much information as possible, including the name of the publication, file and any details relating.
Note - The email support service can be expected to turn around your query within 24 hours, however this is typically less (depending on service usage).